Typography projects -Kolesa


This project shows a green background as grass then a pair of foot prints. The black text reads 'Wanderer' is a older type of English font. There are certain parts of the foot prints that stand out more due to the lighter green. The colors are all a more earthy tone, providing some connection. It was made with acrylic paint and a variety of brushes. 

There is a sense of proportion and emphasizes with the large and dramatic W. However the darker green sightly counter acts the emphasize with providing a darker background for the black to blend into. The placement of the foot prints were to be almost walking through the word, as if someone really was in the middle of walking. It adds more interest to the work then just words on a green background.

The meaning of the word is almost like a title for someone. That they walk through life not really knowing whats going to happen and they just see how it all goes. To travel and see the world is something I want to do in life, sometimes people can see that as just walking aimlessly. However its not aimless or pointless if exploring makes that person happy.

This maybe one of my least favorite work that I have done. I don't work with acrylic paint often and I remixed my paint every time I started a new day. So the green is uneven and patchy, with a darker green around the lettering and a lighter green with the foot prints, thus making it difficult to see the word on the project. The foot prints are are uneven and seem off to me, the heel almost seems to small for the size of the foot. Next time  I would mix more pint so the color would be more consistent, then work with making the lettering consistent. I at least finished the project.

Comments

Popular Posts