Shading and Value project


Describe
I drew this with pencil. In some places you can see where things are either not completely blended, where the pencil isn't even. Everything in the image is very fuzzy, the lines are all very blurred, other then the eyes. At the base of the snake you can see that the shadow there is uneven in some spots and spreads further then it should.

Analysis
The snakes head is on one of the 4 corners in the rule of thirds. The body follows down to also interact with some of the other main points in the rule of thirds. The snake references I had were very helpful for the creation of this artwork. Observing the way that a snakes body moves and how the pattern and scales all tie them together. There was also photos on how the light would reflect off the scales, also how the body would catch light and where reflections and shadows would be.

Interpretation
I like snakes, my friend even has a snake. When I was younger I tried to draw a snake and it turned out about as well as one would think coming from a five year old. Personally I enjoy seeing the progression someone has made, how so many things can change from point A to point B. The subject in this work holds no major significance in my life other then I like snakes. This work was to more of challenge myself to draw and shade something that's very loose and realistic.

Judgement

I like this work,I think the face turned out better then I expected. The body however I don't that it is standing out from the background enough. It blends slightly into the background making it fuzzy. The background in general seems really plain and rushed, the graphite is not even. I learned more about shading and light with pencil with this project.

Master artist
Mc. Escher

His globe work is very inspiring to me. How he can capture his surroundings and make it so life like. The reflection in the globe and the realism of the hand would have made a wonderful piece as is yet he wanted more. Any of his works show amazing composition and attention to detail. He kept trying and learning to be able to make this amazing artworks, with trial and error and learning for his mistakes and his teachers. 













Comments

Popular Posts